Monday 3 June 2013

Illamasqua Blusher in 'Lover': The Review

Hi! 

Illamasqua is a brand I have been lusting after for a while now. I think Beth from Birds Words blogged about one of these blushers and ever since reading that an Illamasqua blush has been on my radar, however the £18 price tag did put me off a little; being a drugstore kinda gal, I'm just not used to forking out that amount for any kind of make up! In fact, I've only recently taken the plunge and forked out MAC prices... 

Anyway, going off topic as usual, a week or two ago, as i'm sure anyone who follow Illamasqua on Twitter knows that they had a flash 50% sale for one hour one Friday night. Every blogger and their nan must have been on that site trying to get their beauty mitts on something as the server was mental and crashed so many times! I managed, after about 40 minutes of refreshing the page, to get my hands on a blusher at the bargain price of £9! May I introduce to you my new love in life - 'Lover'. 


The packaging of Illamsaqua products are sleek, black plastic casing with a clear lid which is handy for when you have a couple of the same product as you can see which colour the blush is. I really like the shape of the blush, it's quirky, yet looks very sophisticated, and the shiny black casing gives it an air of classiness. 


The colour of this particular shade, 'Lover', is a gorgeous matte peach with a hint of coral. I have quite a few shimmery coral shades but sometimes I feel they can be a bit too much for every day wear, and matte shades seem to be much more wearable. 



The shade is quite a bit lighter than I am used to for a blush, but I love that. It means I can create a very subtle look, however I would suggest using a very light hand with this as it's very highly pigmented, and you could easily end up looking like a doll. The only downside to this product is that there is a lot of product fallout. I have found however, that if you simply dab the blush with your brush rather than sweep, there seems to be less fallout, but that's my only downfall. 

Overall, I'm really impressed with this blush, and for £9, I think I really did pick up a bargain blush. So far, Lover is definitely earning it's place in my make up bag! 

Do you own any Illamasqua blushes? Which are your favourite? 



2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous colour! I picked up some bits from the 50% off sale, regret not picking up a blusher though! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I know what you mean! I regret not picking up more! Hopefully there will be another sale soon.. Xx

      Delete