Monday 18 March 2013

It's a LUSH life.

Being the Lush obsessive that I am, I actually own a 'Lush Bowl', a pretty lilac number which houses all my Lush bath bombs and makes my room smell gorgeous! As I'm such a hoarder of all things Lush, I thought I'd share some of my current collection with you. 


For those of you who don't know Lush products very well, they boast all natural ingredients in their products and, like The Body Shop, are strictly against animal testing. This CAN mean that some of their products can seem overpriced, however to save a bunny, that's a price I'm willing to pay. 

The Pots.


From left to right: 

1. Mask of Magnaminty Face and Back Pack 125g - £4.95
This face pack is one of my go-to's for a quick and refreshing facial. The pack has a lovely peppermint smell, and always leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. It has a slightly grainy texture which is exfoliating, and it boasts toning qualities, which you can feel as the mask dries and your face begin to feel tight and tingly. At £4.95 for 125g, or £8.75 for 315g, this product is in my opinion fairly priced for the wonders it does to my skin, and always has a place in my stash. 

2. H'suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturiser 225g - £8.95
Ok, first of all, and i'm not going so sugar coat this, the smell isn't great from this hair mask. In fact, the smell is vile. It has both bay leaf and watercress infusion, as well as a host of other natural ingredients, so it's not exactly the best for your nose. It is, however, one of the best hair masks I've used in a long time. If you can get past the smell and bear to leave the mask on dry hair for 20 minutes, before washing out as normal, you will honestly have the most luscious, soft locks! It's such a treat for the hair, and I like to slather this onto my hair about once a month as a deep conditioning treat. Warning: The smell does linger on your hair for a day afterwards. 

3. Herbalism Fresh Facial Cleanser 100g - £6.25
I got this cleanser for Christmas, I've used it almost every day since then, and I still have half left, so moneywise, I'd say that this one is worth it for how long it lasts. As the name suggests, this product smells very herby, however as a morning cleanser, the fresh smell leaves you feeling refreshed and smooth skinned. This cleanser is aimed at people with spots, grease or troubled skin, and being an oily/combination skin type, this suits me perfectly and removes any excess oil.

4. Ocean Salt Facial scrub 120g - £6.95
Also a result of Santa being so good to me last year, is Ocean Salt, which smells lovely, like the ocean. Be careful not to get any of this in your mouth though - it's FULL of sea salt and could take you back to that time you accidentally got seawater in your mouth - yuck! I use this scrub 2-3 times a week, and it really helps to remove dead skin and leave you beautifully exfoliated and moisturised.

The Bombs & Bubble Bars.



From left to right:

1. The Comforter Bubble Bar - £4.25
A beautiful blackcurrant scent fills your entire bathroom when this bar is brought out to play. You only need to break off a small amount to crumble under running water and this beauty turns into mounds of bubbly bliss, whilst also turning your water pink. What more could you want...?

2. Secret Garden Bath Bomb - £2.50
As far as I am aware, this was a limited edition bomb, as I haven't seen it in my local store since I bought it a few weeks ago. A lovely green colour with contrasting pink flower design make this bomb eyecatching, however the smell i'm afraid is a little too overwhelming. I haven't used this yet though so maybe it will be better when in the tub...

3. Honey Bee Bath Bomb - £3.15
I love honey/vanilla scented things, so this is right up my street, and a bomb I have repurchased several times. This bomb contains Rhassoul Mud, Honey and Aloe Vera to make for an intensely relaxing bath.

4. Butterball Bath Bomb - £2.45
This bomb is almost always part of my lush bowl. I love the vanilla and cocoa butter scent, and this bomb has pieces of cocoa butter hidden inside, turning your bath into moisturising heaven.

5. Fizzbanger Bath Bomb - £3.20
I'd been lusting after this bomb for a while before getting it for Christmas (I got ALOT of lush for Christmas), but living in a student flat with two other girls limits the amount of hot water and time in the bathroom I can have, so, alas, the Fizzbanger hasn't been used yet. Sniff. It smells like sherbet lemon though so I have high hopes for this one!

The Soaps and Massage Bars.


From left to right: 

1. Honey I Washed The Kids Soap - £3.40 per 100g
This soap is so soft and moisturising, and has a subtle honey and toffee scent. 

2. Each Peach & Two's a Pair Massage Bar - £5.50
This massage bar turns into a rich oil when heated. This can be done by simply rubbing it slowly onto your body until your body warmth begins to melt the bar. It has the most luscious lemon, zesty fragrance, however you should be warned that too much of this can leave you in a sticky, slimy mess. (But you'll still smell nice!) 

3. Soft Coeur Massage Bar - £4.75
I haven't used this bar properly yet as i'm working my way through my Each Peach & two's a Pair, however I've tested it out on my arm, and it has a lovely chocolately scent which is making me want to break my rule of 'finish one product before you start another'. 

So, that's a little peek into my Lush Bowl. Do you have a secret stash of Lush products? which are you favourite?




2 comments:

  1. What a fab LUSH collection, I love their bubble bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i'm a little obsessed! I tried their Christmas Eve bubble bar last year, that's amazing! Such a relaxing scent!

      Delete